Why Masks are Ineffective, Unnecessary, and Harmful
22 April, 2021
More than 40 years of science has consistently concluded that masks don’t work. No new science emerged to counter this conclusion. Masks worn properly documented to cause harm. Masks worn improperly, re-used, or contaminated are dangerous. Any reasonable risk to benefit analysis concludes that the risks overwhelmingly outweigh the benefits.
Article by Jim Meehan
More than 40 years of science has consistently concluded that masks don’t work. No new science emerged to counter this conclusion. Advocates for mask mandates simply don’t have the highest-levels of scientific evidence to support their arguments. They can only cite low-level science – retrospective observational studies.
Evidence hierarchies are often applied in evidence-based practices and are integral to decision making in medicine and the practice of evidence-based medicine (EBM). A hierarchy of evidence (or levels of evidence) is a heuristic used to rank the relative strength of results obtained from scientific research. There is broad agreement on the relative strength of large-scale, epidemiological studies.
More than 80 different hierarchies have been proposed for assessing medical evidence. The design of the study (such as a case report for an individual patient or a blinded randomized controlled trial) and the endpoints measured (such as survival or quality of life) affect the strength of the evidence. In clinical research, the best evidence for treatment efficacy is mainly from meta-analyses of randomized controlled trials (RCTs). Typically, systematic reviews of completed, high-quality randomized controlled trials rank as the highest quality of evidence above observational studies, while expert opinion and anecdotal experience are at the bottom level of evidence quality.
- Decades of the highest-level scientific evidence (meta-analyses of multiple randomized controlled trials) overwhelmingly conclude that medical masks are ineffective at preventing the transmission of respiratory viruses, including SAR-CoV-2.
- Those arguing for masks are relying on low-level evidence (observational retrospective trials and mechanistic theories), none of which are powered to counter the evidence, arguments, and risks of mask mandates.
- The majority of the population is at very low to almost no risk of severe or lethal disease from CoVID-19. Children are at an extraordinarily low risk of dying from CoVID-19. Based on CDC published data, 99.99815% of children that contract CoVID-19 survive.
- Transmission of SARS-CoV-2 among children in schools and daycares is very rare.
- Masks worn properly are well documented to cause harm to their wearers. Masks worn improperly, re-used, or contaminated are dangerous.
- Any reasonable risk to benefit analysis of medical masks concludes that the risks overwhelmingly outweigh the benefits.
- Children are at imminent risk of harm from mask mandates.
Top 10 Reasons Why You Don’t Need A Mask:
- Risks Outweigh The Benefits
- Your CO2 Inhalation Is Increased To Dangerous Levels
- Your Mask Is A Petri Dish Experiment
- Asymptomatic Transmission Of SARS-CoV-2 Does Not Occur To Any Significant Level
- Danish Study Proves Masked Subjects Were Infected AT THE SAME RATE As Unmasked Subjects
- You Can Take Vitamin D
- Case Rates Are Deceptive
- Successful, Proven, Affordable Treatments EXIST
- Masks Are NOT Effective
- You Fight This Virus With TRUTH